- 1kg BC Traditional Boerewors
- 1 batch Tomato Smoor / relish (recipe on this blog)
- 540g or large tin butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Freshly chopped parsley or coriander, to garnish
- Braai the boerewors over hot coals until the exterior is well coloured but the wors is still pink and juicy in the middle. Cut the wors into 12 pieces.
- Add the Boerewors and the cooked tomato smoor / relish recipe to a pot. Bring the mixture to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins. Add a little water as needed.
- Add the drained butter beans and simmer for a further 5-10 mins or until the beans are heated through, the sausages are cooked and the sauce is the required consistency. Garnish with herbs. Serve with crusty bread or Pap