- For the smoor:
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 med onions, chopped
- 200 g cherry tomatoes (1 punnet)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 156g can tomato paste
- 140 g spicy harissa paste
- 2 heads garlic, cut in half horizontally
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 T butter, softened
- 3 T Italian parsley, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 Kg Biltong Canada Traditional Boerewors
- 1 loaf sourdough, torn into chunks
1. To make the smoor, heat the oil in a cast-iron pan over the coals or on the stove.
2. Add the onions and cook until soft and golden brown. Add the Rosa tomatoes and garlic, and cook until the tomatoes burst.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Add a little water to adjust the consistency if necessary.
4. Place the garlic heads on a sheet of tin foil and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook in medium coals for 20 minutes, then allow to cool slightly.
5. Squeeze the roasted garlic into a bowl, mix with the butter and parsley and season.
6. Braai the wors over medium coals for 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning halfway.
7. Grill the bread, then spoon on the butter and serve with the wors and smoor.